Thursday, March 23, 2017

Cloudy with Rain at Sabino Canyon

Last week I took another hike up Blackett's Ridge. It's one of the more challenging hikes at Sabino Canyon. I've heard some folks scamper right up the 1.7 mile hike from the Bear Canyon trail. But for me...well it's my second attempt and just can't seem to get up the grade. It's pretty steep. Most people start out early in the morning. This last attempt was at at noon, and the heat was just too much. I always know it's time to turn around when I get dizzy, or stumble. No more falling down!

At my  last evening out at the BLM lands, I caught this brilliant sunset. I'll have to get some help with capturing the rich colors on my camera. Maybe a filter would help.


This morning's hike up the Esperero Trail was pretty cloudy and I felt a few sprinkles of rain. The clouds changed the entire look of the area. The wind was cool, but the wildflowers seem to be in full bloom. It's Spring! These birds seemed to be waiting for the sun to come out. 

Sabino cave on a rock face.



This looked a little surreal. 








Wildflowers.

Bench.

I love this one. Just a lonely mesquite.


No comments:

Post a Comment