Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Oracle, AZ and Albuquerque, NM

Well this may take a little practice. I haven't been blogging regularly for over a year. I do have a plan of action, though. I have a collection of pictures on a SD card and I'll just post one I like and give a little background dialogue. And hopefully I won't get too wordy as I get carried off on a memory inspired by the photo.  Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you think. peteykale@gmail.com



This photo seems to be a morning sunrise picture of the mountains west of Oracle, AZ. The yellow and orange lighting seem to bring out the red in the land.


On a visit early 2018 to my high school buddy's home in Albuquerque, NM, we took a day-hike to  a place called Tent Rocks National Monument.  We entered through a slot canyon. The desert southwest continually amazes me.
 The rocky outcrops were formed by exposure to the elements, and eroded into these cylindrical, tent-shaped forms. Very unusual.


No comments:

Post a Comment