Friday, August 2, 2019

2019 Summer Road Trip II (8/2/19)

I'm settled into Port Angeles, WA for a couple of days now. It's a good place. I went for an off-road motorcycle trip down a dirt road that led from the Olympic NF Visitor Center at Hurricane Pass, to a remote spot called Obstruction Point. I met another off-road rider in town who suggested this was a good ride. I took some pictures...

 As we traveled up the mountain, we passed through a drizzly, foggy section. Then we came into a sunlit area above the clouds. This is the view looking down on the cloud bank.
 Here's one of many pictures I made of the peaks to the north. I was concerned that the snow would have disappeared for the summer, but it survives.

 These vast valleys extend for miles. From the dirt road we followed, it was a 3500 foot drop down into the canyon. The wind was blowing out of the canyon and not towards it, which made me feel a bit safer. There were sections of the gravelly road that raised my heart rate considerably.
 Here's the camp in "Heart of the Hills" CG in the Olympic NF.
 Another picture looking down on the cloud bank.


 The dirt road.
 The dirt road and some snow along the trail.
 At the visitor center.

A quick video of Obstruction Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment