Monday, August 12, 2019

And Home to Bisbee

After 3 days in BC, I was ready to start the ride back home. Whether it was exhaustion or homesickness, or just a weariness of all the green, (there's mostly brown in southern Arizona), it was time to head back. I made a brisk trip of it. I stopped in the Cascades of Washington and will need to return there. The beauty of the mountains along Hwy 20 rival the beauty of BC. But as soon as I saw a roadsign that said, "south", I was done. From then on it was mostly 500 or 600 miles days on major roadways. I managed to stay off of I-5, but as I came through Salt Lake City, Utah, it felt like I was on a merry-go-round. I kept trying to get out of Salt Lake, but seemed to always be on the wrong road. At one point, I rode 30 minutes back north, in error of course. Once I was out, I planned the remainder of my route through Utah with greater care. I eventually got through Utah, and into Arizona.

One of the greatest areas of the west, Arizona boast the White Mountains. They range in elevation from 5000 feet in the south, (about 3 hours north of Bisbee), to 11,000 feet toward the central part of the state. I'm making plans for some future road trips to this area. Riding to BC was a courageous adventure, my travel supported by dear friends, but keeping it close to home for a while will be enough for me. Thanks to all who helped and enabled my on this wonderful journey. I am truly blessed with some wonderful friends. :-)

Capital Reef NP, Utah
Chimney Rock, Capital Reef NP

View from Mamquin Forest Road campsite in Squamish, BC 
 Hwy 20, Washington
 And the last campsite...






No comments:

Post a Comment