Monday, July 29, 2019

2019 Summer Road Trip II (7/29/19)

 So here's the bike shop that is changing the tire. For $65 they pull the tire off the bike and mount the one I brought from Bisbee. If I'd taken the wheel off of the bike myself, I would have saved $30. To me, with the tools I'm carrying, it's worth the $30 to have them do it. They didn't put a new tube in, which is a little weird I think, but they said the tube didn't look bad so they didn't replace it. All is good with the world!
 As I walked down the path to the, "Head of the Metolius," I just took a couple of snaps. The Metolius, as described here, is the outpouring of a giant spring the feeds the river. The pictures show the water coming straight from a rock outcropping. For me, it seems a lot of water to continuously pour from the ground.



 This is actually the rocky outcropping from which pours the Metolius River.
 This is a peaceful setting at the Riverside campground near the Metolius River.
 Here's the view from the tent as I woke. (Am I getting a little desperate for subject material?)
 Does all of this really fit on the bike? I ask myself that most every morning. But it all fits...every time.
 I'm so grateful for my friend's suggestion that I visit this site. Camping among the Ponderosa pines is spectacular. I love their sweet smell.
 The selfie...a happy camper indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment