Sunday, July 28, 2019

2019 Summer Road Trip II 7/28/19

Okay, so those were boring pics. Let's try that again...

Here's the chipmunk from June Lake...

This is more of an artistic shot of the mountain behind June Lake.
The boulders of Joshua Tree NF Campground.
The AZ Trail crosses near Parker Canyon Lake. It took a bit of off-roading to get here.

Just to give and update to the riding today. I'll say that I went from June Lake yesterday morning and on to a campground south of Anid, CA. It was a short day of 300 miles. I was pestered by a spider that must hitched a ride from June Lake. When I set out, I opened the vents in the riding jacket sleeves and was immediately bitten or stung by this nasty little critter. It was a painful bite, and by the end of the day my elbow was swollen and I was feeling nauseous. After numerous rest stops, and a stop to buy what turned out to be an unnecessary quart of oil, I decided to stop at the first Medoc NF I spotted. The campground was deserted and a welcome change to the crowded June Lake. I packed up this morning and had a wonderful ride through the mountains and down into the pasturelands of northern California. I crossed into Oregon and again experienced the beauty of the tall pines. Traffic on Hwy 97 north to Bend has been relatively heavy, but no construction and no back-ups. It's been a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment