Saturday, July 27, 2019

2019 Summer Roadtrip II - British Columbia 7/27/19

I'm on my way to B.C. The plan is to go to Port Angeles, WA., hop the ferry with the Honda, (Africa Twin), and tour a bit of Vancouver Island, BC, then hop the next ferry out of Port Hardy on up part of the Inside Passage to Bella Coola, BC. From Bella Coola, Hwy 20 goes inland to Canada Hwy 1 and eventually down to Banff and Jasper Provincial Parks. But once I'm in Bella Coola, my plans are all subject to change. I know that there are many provincial parks in BC, and I'll just be chillaxin' as they say. : )

So as I can, I'll through in a few pics along from along the way.

Here's a picture from my first stop. This is in Joshua Tree National Park. These huge boulders were impressive. There's been a good deal of storm damage to the campground from water runoff. Pit toilets and no water. Fire ring and picnic tables. $7.50 with the access pass. (Where'd the pic go?)



Is there a chipmunk in this picture?




Here's a shot of my fancy new Jetboil stove. Nice. Those who know will appreciate how valuable an item this is!






Here's the Twin loaded down outside the pavilion at June Lake Park in the INYO NF in the Sierra Nevadas, just south of Yosemite National Park. It being the weekend, it's very crowded with families and RVs. But with my senior pass, for $15 I got cold running water and a hot shower.


Okay, so more to follow. Especially when I get to BC. Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment